Jon Gruden gave his approval for Antonio Brown to use their phone call in a video released over the weekend.
Alejandro Narciso, speaking on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, said he was recording Brown last week for a video project when agent Drew Rosenhaus told Brown that Gruden was on the phone for him. Narciso kept taping while Brown took the call and later included it in a video that Brown planned to release.
Narciso said that while he was editing the video, Brown's marketing manager alerted him that he needed Gruden's consent to use the call. Narciso said Brown texted the video to Gruden, who answered 15 minutes later with three texts: "Wow, I love it," "loved it" and "I love it."
"All right," Narcisco said he told Brown. "There's our permission."
A source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Gruden thought the video was "awesome."
The video, including Gruden's phone call, was posted on Brown's Instagram on Friday night.
On Saturday morning, after Brown publicly requested his release on Instagram, the Raiders released him.